Dear Fellow Wise Parents,
It is our pleasure, along with the Wise Parents Association (WPA) executive board, to invite you to join our supportive WPA community. We encourage you to become an active member of our committees that interest and excite you over the course of the year. Our collective dedication and commitment creates an environment that benefits our entire community.
Together, we work hard to accomplish our goals: to build community, support the faculty and administration, to keep parents apprised of all the wonderful opportunities at Wise, and to raise funds through focused efforts during the course of the year.
We look forward to engaging you in our parent community in a way that enriches all of us and our children.
Please keep a close eye on the Parents’ Page to keep up to date with all the News, Events (WPA Events tab, above), and Parent Services offered by the WPA, including Wise Style, Hot Lunch, Class Funds, and Party Book!
Ariana West and Kevin West
This year the Wise Parents Association is proud to present an incredible line-up of guest speakers at our WPA Meetings and Morning Socials. We encourage every parent to join us. Meetings will briefly cover information about upcoming programs and events, as well as important updates from school administrators. Informed and engaged parents help create our strong and vibrant community at Wise.
Free childcare is available. Please contact the Wise School office the day before to let them know your child’s name.
We look forward to seeing you there!
WPA Executive Board 2018-2019
WELCOME TO WISE SCHOOL PARTY BOOK
What is Party Book?
Party Book is an online catalogue of fabulous events hosted by generous members of the Wise School community. It is one of the best opportunities to meet, connect with, and strengthen the bonds between Wise School families. At the same time, we raise important funds to support our school and enhance the lives of our children.
The Party Book Committee and Party Book Hosts have created parties especially for the Wise School community. Parties this year range from the ever popular “All-In” poker tournament, game night and backyard movie night, to new and exciting parties like "Kidchella", a VIP shopping experience, and wine tasting with Donna and Cantor Nathan Lam. There is something for everyone! We encourage all of you to jump in and participate in the great parties listed in this catalogue.
Here's how it works:
- Party Book sign-ups will be online, making it easy for guests to sign-up for parties, and also for hosts to manage their parties and guest lists.
- Party Book PREVIEW will be online starting Saturday, August 14, 2016 at 8:00 a.m., at which time you may REGISTER and review the parties.
- Party Book SIGN-UPS will begin at the K-6 Back to Wise event on Sunday, August 28, 2016. This will be the first opportunity to sign-up. Be sure to register online in advance so you have first access to purchase your parties that morning.
- Party Book ONLINE SALES go live on Monday, August 29, 2016 at 8:00 a.m.
Party Book would not be possible without the help of Wise School families, faculty, and staff who work to bring it to life. We are grateful to the entire Wise School community for their generosity and enthusiastic support of Party Book.
See you at the parties!
Nataly Namvar, Alexis Lam and Desiree Tavakoli, Party Book Chairs
Cheri Karubian, Executive Board Member of Community Building
Orley Melamed and Sherly Daneshgar, WPA Co-Presidents
Please click here
to review a copy of the WPA bylaws.
WPA Community Volunteer Opportunities
We invite and encourage you to join our supportive WPA community by signing up for an opportunity to chair, co-chair, become a committee member, or host in an area that interests you. Please help make great happen in our community!
Early Childhood Events
- Beit Issie Shapiro: Beit Issie Shapiro is Israel’s leading organization that develops and provides innovative therapies and services for children with disabilities and their families. The WPA coordinates creative fundraising activities such as farmers markets and Cycle for Smiles to support Beit Issie Shapiro.
- Book Fair Pajama Party Evening: Take part in planning and facilitating a favorite book fair event: the EC Pajama Party. Coordinate with the librarian and book fair chairs for a fun-filled evening of story time, pizza, and pajamas.
- Max Hess Birthday Donations: The chair is responsible for sending out birthday cards and donation forms, as well as overseeing the process of creating placards for the books and delivering them to the classrooms to be read before returning them to their final home, the Max Hess Library.
- Pre-K Celebration: Parents, it’s time to get creative! Help create a magical celebration for our pre-kindergarten children graduating pre-school. This committee will also put together the pre-kindergarten yearbook and DVD.
- Yom Ha Moreh (EC): In celebration of our Wise EC teachers, administration and school staff, parents will help coordinate a wonderful off-campus event honoring their dedication and hard work.
- Social Action: Make a difference in the lives of others. This Wise committee will work closely with Temple Social Justice/Social Action leaders on various projects throughout the year, including Mitzvah Day, Passover drives, and assembling Mother’s Day baskets.
- SOVA: Help coordinate the collection of non-perishable food for the Valley SOVA distribution center. We have weekly pick-ups and deliveries that you will help with. Bonus: The kids can help out with the delivery. It’s a wonderful experience!
- Sustainability: Advance efforts to create a more eco-minded campus. Work with Temple Social Justice/Social Action leaders on various efforts throughout the year.
- Wise Hearts: Help grow our Temple's caring community. Support Wise School families in times of crisis and joy by writing a note, sending home a teddy bear, or arranging a hot meal. (EC and DK-6 Chairs needed plus one representative per classroom.)
- Holiday Boutique: We have the best boutique in town! Create an irresistible shopping day with fabulous vendors that will leave our community begging for more.
- Wise School Gala: Help plan an unforgettable Wise School celebration that will include a live and silent auction, raffle, dinner, and entertainment.
- Purim Carnival: Hands down the largest and most attended fundraising event of the year! The best carnival in town couldn’t happen without volunteers coordinating the bake sale, décor, food, prize booth, ticket sales, raffle, rides and games, sponsorships, and more!
- Back to Wise: The school year will begin with a bang. Join in the planning for Wise School’s kick-off event of the year!
- Hospitality: What would WPA meetings or informational gatherings be without great food? Help create a spread that would bring a smile to all our faces.
- Kindergarten Welcome: Welcome the newest members of our Elementary School on an afternoon a few days before school starts. Plan an ice cream social that will leave smiles, sprinkles, and fudge all over their sweet faces.
- Party Book: The Party Book committee works to field and promote the parties, encouraging our Wise families to take advantage of the opportunity to reconnect with familiar faces and to welcome new members of the Wise Community.
- Grade 6 Graduation Party: Class of 2019 is going to celebrate in style! Parents of 6th Graders will help put together a high energy evening for the lucky graduates.
- Maccabi Games: Do you have fond memories of your own Field Day? Help create the same great memories for our DK-6 students. Assist the P.E. staff in organizing the festivities for the athletic event in June.
- M’dor L’Dor: Fellow Wise parents working together to plan a special morning for grandparents, uncles and aunts or that special someone in our children’s lives.
- Wildcats Award Ceremony: Parents of 4th, 5th and 6th Graders help celebrate our athletes in style at the annual Wildcats Award Ceremony. The committee’s work will be rewarded with the cheers from our Wildcat athletes.
- Yom Ha Moreh (DK-6): The day we get to thank all the Wise Elementary School teachers and staff for the wonderful job they do every single day. A beautiful luncheon is planned for the teachers and staff to enjoy.
- Book Fair: Celebrate literature and be part of the team that puts together the most wonderful Book Fair in town! There are a myriad of ways to contribute, from curating a genre, to set-up, restocking, and working the register. What will you do?
- Hot Lunch: Coordinate a healthy and scrumptious lunch menu with our hot lunch vendors at the beginning of each semester. NEW THIS YEAR: Help coordinate Friday Fun Days where we sell special treats at afternoon carpool to celebrate a great week at Wise!
- Lost and Found: Help sort and organize items in the Lost and Found for easy retrieval. You’ll have parents thanking you all year long.
- School Supplies: Help coordinate the sale and distribution of school supplies before the school year begins.
- Wise Style: What’s cooler than Wise apparel and products? Help coordinate the sale and distribution of school sweatshirts, polo shirts, and other must-have items throughout the school year.
- Historian: A great opportunity to capture priceless moments throughout the school year at various classroom and grade level events. Photos are collected, passed on to the overall chair and used in the school yearbook. Duties are ongoing throughout the school year. The use of digital photography is preferred.
- Yearbook: It takes a team to put together a beautiful DK-6th grade yearbook. Work closely with other Wise parents to make the book an exceptional keepsake for our kids.
- Assistant Treasurer: Offer treasurer support with all events that entail a financial component.
- Room Parent: Are you organized, responsible and efficient? This group will disseminate important information to parents, recruit volunteers, organize staff appreciation morning breakfasts, coordinate with Judaica teachers for grade-wide Shabbat dinners and Judaic events, work with teachers to organize class parties, and find chaperones for field trips. Only one parent will be selected per class. We encourage you to get involved.
To volunteer on a committee or as a room parent, contact us at [email protected]
Click here for a full listing of our 2018-19 Parent Wise - Parent Education Series.