In furtherance of Wise School’s Reopening Protocols, and our shared efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 and to keep our community safe, Wise School has adopted the following policy in conformity with the recommendations of the CDC, the State of California Department of Public Health and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health:
Avoid Unnecessary Travel: Families, faculty and staff are encouraged to avoid unnecessary travel, particularly via means that will place them in close contact with others (airplanes, airports, trains), and particularly to areas where the relevant state or local health department is currently reporting increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases, an increase in the percent positivity rate of COVID-19 tests performed, and/or increased community spread. CDC COVID Data Tracker: https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days
Adhere to Precautions During and Following Travel: When families, faculty and staff must travel, they should ensure that they conform to the following precautions during and after travel https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-during-covid19.html
- avoid large or mass gatherings where proper physical distancing measures and masking are not practiced
- practice physical distancing
- wear face coverings when in public and when with those outside of your “immediate family”
- wash hands frequently
- avoid contact with anyone who is sick
- monitor for symptoms of COVID-19
- quarantine and get tested if symptoms develop
- 10 Day Rule: Travelers may not return to campus until 10 days (quarantine period) after return from travel, as follows:
- All onsite students, staff, teachers, or other employees, regardless of their vaccination status, who either travel by air, by train or by ship, OR (b) travel outside of the State of California — and wish to come to on campus after such travel, must quarantine offsite for a full 10-day period without COVID-19 symptoms.
- Under the updated travel restrictions that were added by LACDPH in its latest guidance car travel outside of the State of California is treated the same as an airplane trip in terms of risk and quarantine requirements. Car travel within the State does not necessitate a quarantine.
- “Quarantine” means staying at home or another place of temporary shelter and away from contact with others.
- The County Travel Advisory and Guidance can be found here.http://www.publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/traveladvisory.htm
*This Policy may be revised or updated from time-to-time as determined by the Wise School Compliance Team, and has been in effect since November 13, 2020. Parents, faculty and staff are expected to read, understand and adhere to this Policy.