If a student has any symptoms (as delineated in the “Signs & Symptoms of COVID-19” topic on this webpage) or may have been exposed to COVID-19, their parent must notify a member of our COVID-19 Compliance Team.
Wise School uses a variety of modes to communicate important information to the community, including:
- This webpage – “COVID-19 Safety Plan”
- Protecting Staff and Students
- COVID-19 Containment, Response and Control Plan
- School Exposure Management Plan
- Zoom Town Halls with families and faculty
- Emails and text messages
- Friday newsletter
- “Notes from the Nurse” – recurring features from our School Nurse
- Flu shots
- Importance of updating emergency contact info
- Holiday guidelines
- Social-Emotional Learning – recurring features from our School Counselor
- YouTube and Facebook videos
- Flyers for COVID-19 testing for students and family members are available at the nurse’s office and sent home upon request or if a student exhibits symptoms.
- Quarantine protocols
- Isolation protocols
- Wise Parent Association – Parent Education speakers regarding significant topics
- Signage on campus (masking, distancing, hand washing, directional)
- Physical binders containing all protocol content, available in main office and nurse’s office
Daily Health Screening / Symptom Check: Daily communication from parents to school about their child’s health status is supported by the use of Magnus Health. Magnus app instructions, including a video tutorial, are distributed to parents and staff prior to the return to campus of students.
In the event of any significant changes in school plan (example: full or partial closure of campus), immediate notice via writing and video will be disseminated to the community by the Wise School Administration.