Whether you are applying to Wise School Early Childhood or to our K-6 program, the admission process is an opportunity to get to know your family and for your family to get to know us. Please click on the links below, so that you can learn the specific steps of our process for the grade to which you are applying.
- The first step in applying to Wise School Early Childhood is to schedule a tour. We offer semi-private tours (2 families at a time). You tour will include time to discuss our philosophy, curriculum, and a walk through our beautiful campus to visit classrooms and our expansive yards. We recommend you make childcare arrangements for young children, as we want you to focus all your attention on learning about our School and getting your individual questions answered. A tour typically lasts about one hour.
- To initiate the application process, your family will complete an application for admission. While the majority of our enrollment occurs during admissions season (January-April each year), we accept applications year-round.
- Meeting Your ChildDepending on your child’s age, you will be invited to one of two types of interviews: a Transition interview or a play date.Transition interview: Families with children entering our youngest preschool program, Transition (two-year-olds), are invited to meet 1:1 with one of our administrators to learn more about our Transition program and ask important questions pertaining to your child’s transition to school. The Transition interview is for adults only.
Families with children ages three to five are invited to come to school with their children and spend a few hours in our classrooms — either with or without you in the room. During the play date, the classroom teachers will engage with your child and observe his/her development, while you and your child will have the opportunity to get to know our school and see what your child’s experience would be like at Wise School.
- Families will be notified of our admission decisions by March 13, 2018. Your enrollment contract is due on March 23, 2018.
- The first step in applying to Wise School is to complete the online application by January 25, 2019. We will then schedule a student screening and a parent interview with you via e-mail. Parents are asked to confirm their appointments by contacting Beth Behar, Director of Admission and Middle School Placement, at [email protected] or 310.889.2275.
- Applicants and their families will be given a date and time for an interview and screening. While the applicant is being screened by one of our teachers, parents will meet one-on-one with our Head of School.
- Consideration for admission is based upon a number of factors which include the application, the student screening, parent interview, standardized test scores, transcripts, and recommendations. Therefore, all applicants to Wise School must submit the following to the Office of Admission: Transcripts including most recent grades Administrator Recommendation Teacher Recommendation Standardized Test Scores (for Grades 3-6)
- Applicants to Grades 5 and 6 are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE).
- Decision letters will be mailed on March 15, 2019. Enrollment contracts are due by March 25, 2019.