As we celebrate the New Year, we also celebrate new beginnings. With that in mind, we are excited to introduce our new school Counselor, Rachel Moghimi. Rachel is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and has extensive knowledge and experience working with children and families in a school setting. She has facilitated social skills groups, parent support groups, and has provided individual counseling to children and parents. Rachel is excited to continue many of the programs that our previous counselor, Jana, developed, and hopes to provide new opportunities to strengthen and support our children at Wise School. Some of Wise school’s current programs and groups include:
- New to Wise School meeting groups
- Classroom activities to foster social/emotional development
- Grade level lunch bunches to strengthen social development and classroom community
- Banana Splits, a group to support children experiencing parental divorce/separation
- Individual counseling and support (as needed)
- Support to children and parents struggling with separation anxiety, social interactions, and behavior difficulties
- Whole Child Discussion Groups
- Student behavioral rewards program, PAWS (Positive, Appreciative, Wise, and Safe)
- Leadership training course, WiLIT (Wise Leaders In Training)
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like more information about one of our programs, please do not hesitate to contact Rachel directly at (310) 889-2259. We are looking forward to a great year!
P.S. If you haven’t already done so, please remember to let us know if you want to purchase a hard copy of our forthcoming Wise School directory or if you want to opt out of the school directory. Click here to let us know.
Wise School Administration