Eat, Pray, and Learn at Wise School and Stephen Wise Temple!
There are so many ways to enjoy the festival of Sukkot. We encourage all our families to build sukkot in your homes and participate in our sukkot challenge, but you can also celebrate at your other home, Wise School and Stephen Wise Temple! Here are just a few of the many ways you can join in the fun!
- Sukkot under the Stars | Sunday, September 27, 5:30 p.m. | Sakler Plaza | All Ages. Kick off Sukkot with Rabbi Yoshi and the Stephen Wise Temple Clergy as we decorate our sukkah with recycled materials from our educational partner, Trash for Teaching. Bring your own dinner!
- Parenting Center Reception | Wednesday, September 30, 7:00 p.m. | Sakler Plaza | Parenting Center Families. Join our Wise School staff for an evening of fun and socialization! Get to know all your friends in the Parenting Center!
- Open Suk Night | All week long, 5:00-7:00 p.m. | Hershenson Hall | All Ages. Don’t have your own sukkah? haven’t been invited to a friends? Join our Temple staff and clergy in our sukkah any night of the week with your own meal for a lovely festival dinner.
- Wise School Sukkot Challenge | All week long | All Ages. Did you build a sukkah at home? Invite a Wise School friend and post a photo of your sukkah celebration on our Instagram. Once we reach 30 photos, all students will receive a free dress day!
- Tot Shabbat | Saturday, September 26, 10:00 a.m. | Hershenson Hall | Early Childhood. Kick off Sukkot a day early with Rabbi Josh, Ditza, and all your friends at Tot Shabbat!
- Morning Minyan | Thursday, October 1, 7:45 a.m. | Sakler Plaza | All Ages. Join Cantor Nathan Lam and the Thursday morning minyan for a soulful experience underneath the bows of our plaza sukkah.
- Kindergarten Family Shabbat | Friday, October 2, 5:30 p.m. | Sakler Plaza | Kindergarten Families. Join Rabbi Josh, Maestro, Teacher Brock, and the Wise School staff for an exciting and spiritual Shabbat celebration and meal with your kindergarten student and the whole family!
- Torah Study | Tuesday-Wednesday, 8:15 a.m. | Sakler Plaza | All Ages. Join Rabbi Josh and Rabbi Yoshi to study in our beautiful Plaza Sukkah!
- How Parents Can Bring the Beauty of Judaism to their Children | Tuesday, September 29, 2:30 p.m. | Sakler Plaza | All Ages. Join Rabbi Woznica for a heartfelt discussion in our sukkah about the ways in which parents can give gift of Judaism to their children in the coming year.